It’s pumpkin season, whether you go pumpkin picking, grow your own or get one from your local shop, you will need some ideas on what to do with it once it’s carved. Here I share a fabulously simple pumpkin care recipe for you to try.
This pumpkin cake recipe has the perfect amount of spice and is super easy to make. It will be my go to Halloween recipe form now on!
Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- 1 & ½ Cups of Plain Flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 egg whites (can easily substituted with 3 tbsp of ground chia seeds and 9 tbsp water)
- 1 cup of baked pumpkin
Prep> 10 min’s Cooking>25-40 min’s Temp 190°C 170°C fan
- Weigh out the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices into a large bowl
- In a separate bowl weigh out the sugar, milk, egg whites and pumpkin and whisk together
- Add the dry ingredients slowly to the wet and combine without over mixing.
- Line a loaf tin and pour the batter in
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-40 minutes, until a skewer comes clean.
- Enjoy warm with a cup of coffee!
If you want to use you pumpkin in a savoury way, check the other recipes I’ve tried here.