This roast pumpkin recipe is so simple but one of the most delicious things I’ve eaten recently. I tried a version of it at Mackie Mayor in Manchester and had to try it for myself.
Very little ingredients and easy to put together, it’s the perfect lunch or a lovely side dish to a piece of meat or fish.
Roast Pumpkin Recipe with Pesto and Cashew Nuts
- 1/4 – 1/2 pumpkin sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp green pesto
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- Handful of cashew nuts
Prep> 10 mins Cooking> 40 mins Temp> 170 C fan 190 C
- Coat the pumpkin in the oil and season. Place in the oven and allow to cook for 40 mins.
- Dollop the yoghurt onto a plate and dot the pesto through it without over mixing.
- Toast the cashews in a pan for a few minute on a medium heat,
- When cooked pile the pumpkin high and scatter the cashews over the whole thing.
It’s so easy and you won’t regret it, I had this for my lunch today and it was delicious.