These easy cookies are quick to make, taste delicious and have no hidden nasties. In need of a sweet treat one Sunday afternoon, Ben and I knocked these up in under 15 minutes and waited for them to bake.
The perfect treat, and if you are feeling a bit low or tired. The walnuts and dark chocolate contain magnesium, which can help with anxiety, sleep problems and stress. See they’re healthy really!
- 2 eggs
- 200g caster sugar (I used icing as that was all I had!)
- 200g brown sugar
- 225g unsalted butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking soda mixed with 2 teaspoons hot water
- 350g plain flour
- 200 g dark chocolate (either chips or a block cut up)
- 125g walnuts chopped
Prep> 15 mins cook> 10mins oven temp> 175 C or 160 C fan
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl. When smooth add the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla, salt and dissolved baking soda mix.
- Stir in the flour, nuts and chocolate.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper. Add large spoonfuls to the tray, considering how they might spread out whilst baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool. Leave for at least 10 mins so they don’t burn your mouth!