I love burgers, they are possibly my favourite food! I love them with burger sauce, sliced beef tomatoes, gherkins and jalapeños. Served with Cajun sweet potato wedges and salad, it’s the perfect balance of delicious and nutritious. I make a big batch of these beetroot bean burgers, cook them all and then freeze individually for a later date.
Give these a go they are worth the effort!
Beetroot Bean Burger Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g raw beetroot peeled and diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 can black beans drained
- 200g cooked quinoa
- A handful of fresh thyme
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 tbsp flour
Prep> 30 min’s Cook> 30 min’s
- Heat the oven to 200c 180c fan. Add the beetroot and thyme to an oiled baking tray and place in the oven and cook until soft.
- In a pan add the onion and garlic and soften. Add the chilli powder, smoked paprika and season.
- Add the black beans to the pan and warm through.
- In a food processor add the ingredients from the pan, quinoa and cooked beets.
- Add flour as needed to bind the mix. If too wet add more if too dry stop.
- Split the beet burger mix evenly and form into patties.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and oil. Add the patties and brush the tops with more oil. cook for 15 minutes and turn over. Cook for a further 15 minutes, this should dry them out. the depth of the burger will affect this. The thicker the burger the longer it will need in the oven and vice versa. NB. If you are planning to freeze some only cook them for 20 minutes and place between greaseproof to freeze. When defrosted cook for 20 minutes.
Burger Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce diced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 heaped tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 heaped tablespoons mayo
Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and add liberally to your beet burger!
If you love this beetroot bean burger recipe then see some other recipes here